Fairness to farmers. A closer connection between people and the farmers we all rely on.
This was the vision the founders had for Equal Exchange back in 1986 - it took three years to establish the new organization that has these global attributes:
• A social change organization that would help farmers and their families gain more control over their economic futures.
• A group that would educate consumers about trade issues affecting farmers.
• A provider of high-quality foods that would nourish the body and the soul.
• A company that would be controlled by the people who did the actual work.
• A community of dedicated individuals who believed that honesty, respect, and mutual benefit are integral to any worthwhile endeavor.
Click here for the link to the Equal Exchange website.
We have many Equal Exchange coffees, teas and chocolates for sale at our Tanzania Table in the narthex, including the Tanzania Full City Roast -
Wild and exotic, the sweet spicy aroma of this East Africa coffee, grown at the foot of Mt. Kilimanjaro, is heavy and multi-dimensional. This coffee is rich, and the complexity is layered with vanilla, molasses, and hints of cherry and maple. Assertive and thick with a snappy bite.